The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday November 9, 2017 at 10:28
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 9, 2017 at 09:39, Fins said...
When I got the appraisal from Nationwide on my Frontier, it had the service record (I think from carfax) attached at the beginning. I thought, wow, thats thorough, until I saw it only went through about the first 3000 miles. I also bought it new and had all service performed at the dealership. The dealership just hadnt bothered to keep reporting.

In NC now, any flood damage, or even a stolen and recovered vehicle has to be a salvaged title. I learned that last night. The service department just called and said its the sensor that allows two cylinders to shut down under light loads.

So, it's their new version of the 8/6/4 engines they had in the '80s. Back then, they used relays to shut off the fuel and now, it's done in the ECM to stop the negative pulses- Not sure if they open a valve to allow the other cylinders to turn the crank with less resistance, though. I might be inclined to ask if it's one specific sensor, in light of the fact that the ECM usually senses the load through throttle position, MAF/MAP and RPM. I would be surprised if they don't use wheel rotation and vehicle attitude/accelerometer for this, too. "It's a sensor" is easier to say than to explain the system, though.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse