The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday November 9, 2017 at 10:19
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 9, 2017 at 08:32, King of typos said...
Are you looking for a single line, or multiple lines?

What is the minimum monthly data that you are looking for?

Do you know anyone who works for a company that offers their employees discounts for selected carriers? Couldn’t hurt to look into going on to their plan and chip in monthly. *a level of trust on both parties maybe needed.

Will it be possible for you to use your own phone now on the Pay as You Go cards you can get at various stores? Only to figure out which company can provide you with the best coverage without drop calls. Then once you find the best, go with them.

KOT

Single line- Most of the data use is while I'm driving, whether for music, GPS/MAPS or the occasional online search and if I need to use it at a client's place, I'm usually on their WiFi. I also use it when I check in on someone's camera DVR, sometimes on-site to check the setup/system. I'm using an iPhone 6 because a lot (too many) of my clients use Apple phones/iPads and I need to be able to show them how their stuff works on a familiar platform and when it was new, my data use was definitely lower than it is now- I'm not even using OS-X (avoided it because it had bugs, but I haven't checked to see if those are done). When I got this phone, I was able to work with the 1GB plan and then, I called about the cost and someone bumped my to the 5Gb plan without my permission, so I got a refund and kept my rollover data. They had eliminated the 3Gb plan in the interim, so my options were limited- use less/pay for overages or pay more for the 5Gb plan.

I know that part of the dropped calls is because of NIMBY, but I don't hear about this from people who use other providers.

I have thought about a pay as I go plan- I think I'll start pressuring them to give me a Senior Discount. Thinking about asking my bank for a Sr discount on my mortgage, too. D:
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse