The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Wednesday November 8, 2017 at 16:41
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
That was a cut and paste typo. UsIng my iPhone. I did not have a certifier at the time. Should have said didn’t see if cable certifies.

More on this subject. Back in 2002 when I was in college still I got my first exposure to a cable certifier. It was a basic networking class early on in my degree where we learned how to terminate cat with rj45. After we got good at it he asked us to do our best possible termination then test it on the certifier. It was astonishing to see how anything less then an absolute stellar termination affected the speed the certifier would rate it for.

Just because a wire passes a map test ultimately means dick if it won’t pass the speeds it needs to. I’ve seen beautifully terminated cables only auto link up at 100 instead of gigabit at the switch. Reterminate and you might get Gigabit.

I could care less if no one wants to take the advice of adding a certifier to your arsenal. They save headaches plain and simple. IMHO any reputable firm should have them if they wanna be the best at their game in this field. The network is becoming one of the most important factors in these installs.

I got tired of being limited by a VDV. Even the $500 one I have. It’s a glorified continuity tester. They blow compared to a certifier.

Last edited by gerard143 on November 8, 2017 16:48.

Hosting Services by ipHouse