The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Wednesday November 8, 2017 at 14:31
weddellkw
Long Time Member
January 2013
On November 7, 2017 at 22:18, Hasbeen said...

What else has a 12MP camera?  MY F'ing trail cams....that cost me less than $100 and I leave out in the rain and snow all friggin' year!

Please submit comparison pictures from your trail cam vs. a newish iPhone camera.
This is not a good argument. However, its because of smart phone companies and the money they pour into camera R&D that you can buy a 12MP weather-proof trail cam for $100.

Here's comparison video of the iPhone X vs. a nearly $3000 camera setup.

On November 7, 2017 at 19:14, Hasbeen said...
I had to spend 1.5 hours in the Verizon store today dealing with my 6. (which never gave me a problem..not a single solitary problem since the day I purchased it on Nov.16 2014)

That is....until the IPhone 8 was released..  Now..it's nearly impossible for me to even charge it...The touchscreen sometimes work..sometimes doesn't...I'll be on my network in my home, and my phone will decide that it would rather use my data...

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I swear Apple is doing it on purpose because of the lackluster sales on the 8 and X.    They figure, they'll just have you update...errrr...break your existing phone so you'll buy a new one...

That's not happening....

You're a conspiracy theorist. iOS 11 is buggy, but it would be insane for Apple to open themselves up to the legal ramifications for a small boost in sales.
I really wanted the iPhone X, and being a slappy I was really looking forward to it..When I saw the price tags on release date, every fiber of my being screamed F*ck You to Tim Cook.

Think about this...... When I bought my first BRAND NEW truck I paid a grand total of $7000 for it..

What does a new truck cost today? Using Ford's web configurator, the cheapest I can get a F-150 for is $27k. The pre-configured 'Limited' starts at $60k. If you don't see value for dollar in the X buy the 8, or buy a 7S. Apple's not under any pressure to accommodate you.

On November 8, 2017 at 06:43, goldenzrule said...
Agree to disagree. I have a Thunderbolt from like 80 years ago that will runs stuff while I couldn't even get a iPad mini to simply pull up Portal to check some stuff. That iPad has a completely fresh install and up to date. I have a Note3 that was replaced only because the screen got smashed and I figured I'd upgrade to the Note7 (grrr). That phone still runs anything you throw it. My iPad 2, I think I can use the calculator app on it.

I've had iPhones, 4 of them. I've had iPads, 3 of them. I've had Macs, 3 of them. ALL of them needed replacement prematurely after updates rendered them useless or incredibly slow. I liked the fit and finish but that was secondary to function. Except the 7s I had. That felt cheap and like a toy. It just didn't have the solid feel of the previous iPhones I had.

You know what else your ancient Android devices come with? Massive security vulnerabilities. Seriously, you should not use that device for anything outside of looking at funny internet pictures.

This is part of the reason Apple pushes iOS updates. Keeping all 'current' devices up to date lets them enforce better standards in the App Store and, because iDevices constitute such a large portion of web-traffic, it helps drive larger security initiatives.

Hosting Services by ipHouse