The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday November 8, 2017 at 10:40
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On November 8, 2017 at 05:54, nhdougsimmons said...
GROAN!!! Two years later and I have the dubious honor of extending this thread. Regarding IR control of SONY XBR 65930E:

Firstly, if IP driver had worked I would not be here at all. But it seems that unlike some manufacturers Sony codesets are quite model specific? And even with IP control enabled there is no handshake.... So on to IR control, where at the "summit" of my efforts there is shall be no emitter stuck to the front of the display.

Tried using a stereo cable.... should be backwards compatible with mono right? Apparently not and correct me if I am wrong but the Sony IR input is neither mono nor stereo. So far it seems best practice from parsing through the last 17 posts is to use a wee washer on the TV input side or not insert the plug so that the that last, satisfying, millimeter or so so that it does not snug into place.

There is a spare run of Cat6 in place and I could use the Speaker Craft BOT1.0 breakout terminator on the TV end to the lift the ground.... the terminations are labelled 12V . Gnd . ST IN. IR Out. Boy that could be "fun" fooling around with this for oodles of un-billable time! But at least then I could seat my plug firmly in the socket ;0!

IP works fantastic on every sony TV I've worked with in the past 4+years. The commands are indeed [mostly] the same across all models with some minor exceptions on some later models where you can actually use a Web socket connecction or a simple IP/RS232 control port. But eben in those cases, its fringe commands. Not core On/off and Input select..... Those have been the same since the first "B" series television rolled off the line.

What control system are you using?

Hosting Services by ipHouse