The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 7, 2017 at 02:21
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
We are banging our heads against the wall on this one.

CAT6 shielded from rack to 4 zones with Sony TVs.

Room 1: 100ft with receiver into Marantz sr6012. HDMI to Sony 75" 940e TV. Have extra cat 6 here, can run another extender from receiver to TV if long HDMI cable after receiver is problem.

Room 2: Exact same as room 1

Room 3: CAT6 straight to extender to Sony 49" 4k

Room 4: CAT6 straight to extender to 32" 1080p Sony.

Sources: 2 x Apple TV 4k and Luma surveillance

Matrix and receivers: Wyrestorm [Link: wyrestorm.com]

Brand new 4k 2.2 cables everywhere. And I don't even care if we get full 4k at this point.... 1080p would be fine.

All TV, receiver, and Apple TVs firmware up to date.

Problem: Can not get Apple Tv's to be reliable at all. Even if I drop res down to 720p. Even at closest display running straight extender to TV. Apple TV flickers constantly. Periodically it's stable long enough to navigate to Netflix or Hulu but when I play content I get a black or green screen with sound. We have successfully gotten through a few shows but nothing anywhere near reliable enough to turn over to client. Usually takes a few reboots of Apple devices works for a bit then a complete disaster again. And when it is working if you dare turn on a second TV the one that's already on, even if different source, flickers for a good 30 seconds then maybe get picture.

Doesn't matter if all displays on, or just one. Same issue regardless. I've tried multiple inputs, reterminating ends, etc. No luck. My next step is adding an Apple TV local at each TV but this adds some control system revisions I'd rather not play with.

Luma works fine at 1080p but obviously a different animal. Could this be an Apple issue trying to block distribution? They wouldn't know would they?

Doubt it though cause we are Using a similar set up but with the Control 4 matrix on another job and various displays and it works great. I did have to adjust the resolution to the lowest TV but that's to be expected.

Thoughts?
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse