The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday November 6, 2017 at 08:35
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
Well at least 9 to 5 Mac agrees “My first impressions of the OLED screen are that the improvements are a little overblown. Yes, it’s a very, very nice display. It looks great. But, in all honesty, so does the IPS LCD screen on older iPhones.”

“One specific issue identified in early reviews was the more limited viewing angle of an OLED screen, with dimming and color shifts when viewed more obliquely. I tested this by comparing against my iPhone SE, viewing from a variety of angles.
And yes, this is dramatic. The LCD screen continues to look bright and natural from even 45 degrees, while the OLED of the iPhone X starts to dim and shift into blue tones almost immediately you turn it away from you. The difference is marked at even 15 degrees or so, and by 45 degrees it looks muddy and, well, awful.”

“The switch to OLED does have one other implication for me. I work from home, and my iPhone normally sits on a dock on my desk, switched on and on the homescreen, so I have convenient access to any apps I might want to use. However, as OLED screens can suffer burn-in, Apple specifically recommends against leaving the phone on with the same image displayed for long periods of time.

Apple does refer to high-contrast images at high brightness levels, so perhaps I’m being over-cautious, but I have seen some ugly burn-in on other OLED screens, so I’m going to play safe.”

Last edited by gerard143 on November 6, 2017 08:48.

Hosting Services by ipHouse