The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday November 5, 2017 at 23:35
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
It's possible you got a defective iPhoneX. You should compare yours to a couple of others before you decide all of them suck. I skipped the 8 and the x and got a pixel 2.

Over the last couple of years i have replaced apple tvs with rokus, i use pandora instead of itunes and we replaced egnyte with google drive. I only ever use my iPad for troubleshooting/commissioning systems and i my macbookpro has been annoying enough to never buy another apple laptop.

I have had the pixel 2 for a couple of weeks now. Screen is great. Photos are great. Battery life has been good. I dont make many phone calls and i havent used it for GPS so i dont really know how well the battery holds up yet but i havent had to worry about charging since i got it. Its almost like "i might as well charge it while im in the car".

First thing you will notice when you switch from the iPhone to Android is that there are bugs. With the iPhone the only bug i ever ran into was with roboform where if your finger print login failed you had to back out of the app and back in to type the password because the keyboard wouldn't appear on the first try. I lived with that bug for like a year before it was fixed about a week before i got the pixel 2. With android i experience bugs all the time. With roboform if i try to use the built in browser to browse remote central i keep getting forced to log back in to roboform while trying to type a respond. With the text message app if someone sends me a photo i try to open it and the photo before it shows up full screen. I am sure i will find other similar situations as i start to use more apps.

Other stuff seems like a bug but its just bad UI design. With iPhone i can tap the top of the browser and the page scrolls all the way back up. Obviously this isnt an issue if a site has a mobile version because the scroll up arrow would appear but every site isnt mobile friendly. With the iPhone your "utility menu" that you can access by swiping up is now at the top...furthest point from your finger. Silly location for the quick access menu. And i swear there is some sort of spin in fly out pop under menu for something always happening. I need to figure out how to turn all that off. Oh almost forgot..wtf with the pop up ads in chrome? Safari has never once let a popup float across my screen. Im sure this stuff wont matter in a few weeks because i will just learn to do things the google way.

The pixel 2 is a decent phone. Not any more advanced than my iPhone 6...but neither is the 8 or X imo so whats the difference at this point.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse