Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday November 5, 2017 at 12:37
Audiophiliac
August 2006
On November 5, 2017 at 10:12, roddymcg said...
What was your experience with the Sony panels? I ask because I was at a Sony demo (projectors) recently and the AV Pro was the switcher. And it was lagging badly when switching. I've seen this piece in action before with normal results.

We had 5 sources (5 being AVP extenders from wall plates or floor boxes, and 1 Enseo hotel provided satellite box. 2 Sony pro projectors with integrated HDBT inputs, and 2 Sony KDL E series panels. No lag issues to speak of out of the ordinary. But the panels would sync properly with the Enseo box only the first time you selected it. Once you switched sources and back, the color went wonky..... pink/purple hue..... like when you have YPbPr Vs. RGB or something. If you unplugged something or powered things down, it would always be right the first time. AVP said they had seen similar results with these new e series panels and suggested setting the Enseo box to fixed 1080p output. Of course we sent the request to the Enseo installer and he has yet to make the changes or even contact us about it. Brilliant. Might have to build a macro that powers the panels off then on again as a band-aid.

The wall plate extenders with VGA and HDMI worked great, as did the super slim extenders. The only other gotcha we uncovered was that you cannot use their power squid with the 100m extenders. At least not with as many as we had. We had 6 and 2 of the 70m. They had not tried it but the current draw specs were not promising. They also were surprised that we used their rack mount shelf with the bigger extenders. Also designed for the 70m ones. But all the holes line up like it was made for it so we used it.

The way we got hooked up with AVP was a bit odd. CEDIA 2016 they showed a multiview processor. Shortly after, I was browsing their website at work for the first time ever. 30 minutes later the phone rings. My boss answered and it was AVP asking if we had any questions about their switcher or other products. WTF? :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse