Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday November 5, 2017 at 12:33
buzz
May 2003
Likely, you'll discover some sort of networking issue. I'm aware that there are a few complaints about this, but I have never personally seen this in any of the systems that I have installed.

The controllers are not checking for track status on a second by second basis and they expect to be notified if the status changes. The current track time that you see ticking off on the Now Playing screen is generated by the controller that you are viewing. (ie. the assumption is that track play will progress normally to the end, second by second)  One player will take control of notifying other players and the controllers when the status changes. This characteristic can result in a controller ticking off the (silent) seconds for a track that has fallen into a network bog.

If the controller that you are using missed the "I'm done, this is next" communication, your observation will be the result.

Submit a diagnostic within 15 minutes of an event. (fine detail scrolls off the report) and note the confirmation number in correspondence with Sonos support. Network difficulties will be logged.

Most likely you could force a renewal of the displayed information if you change rooms on the controller.

Another sign of network difficulties (or a really slow NAS response) is failure to display artwork thumbnails because they are mostly fetched in real time (there is a very small cache) and there are timeouts. A controller will attempt to fetch the artwork for a few seconds, then display the default.

Hosting Services by ipHouse