Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday November 5, 2017 at 02:47
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On November 1, 2017 at 10:53, Impaqt said...
Too small for Lutron? I'm pretty sure that doesnt exist. There are always options with them.

???
If you are not killing it, selling a bunch of lighting control, Lutron wants nothing to do with you.
"Always options with them"? Yes, they tell you to go buy their product from an electrician or electrical house (usually at retail pricing). Sorry, that is NOT an option for a A/V dealer.
So small dealers are stuck with the limited selection thru our distributors. And even that has strings attached usually.

For those that are big enough (do enough lighting control) to have a Lutron account, good for you.
Hopefully you are big enough that Lutron thinks twice before stealing your customer if they can. They sure don't think twice about raping a small dealer in the arse, doing whatever it takes to undercut them - including giving customer's the internal friend's & family plan (20%+ off dealer cost) if they have to, to steal the customer.
I had it happen several times back in the day, when Lutron would get a hold of the customer's information. Why do you thing they have those forms they want you to submit about the job, that request all the customer's info?

I STILL see that going to this day. Just had a customer last month, looking at getting a bunch of Lutron shades. Told him I don't carry those and voiced my reasons why. For fun he called Lutron (I think because he didn't believe me), they got him in touch with the regional rep. Customer told them he had an A/V dealer that was going to sell him the shades - the rep told him he could sell to him direct and the price he quoted was 10% above dealer cost. He agreed that it was very sleazy.

Hosting Services by ipHouse