The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday November 2, 2017 at 17:32
Stryker
Long Time Member
November 2010
On November 2, 2017 at 08:02, 3PedalMINI said...
Lol Ra2 select is the biggest joke to hit our industry since HDMI. You guys are funny, yes caseta is limited to its self, but with a control system at the helm it literally does everything Ra2 can do and more.

Take a cheap line, add a control system and now it can do more, WOW add money to make it do what other systems already do
I have a distributor where I can get 3 Caseta switches for the cost of one Ra2 Switch, AT DEALER! Yes they are fuggly, but they are perfect for ancillary rooms like my shed or garage. I am using the UPB 16 switch panel at my house as a poor mans lighting panel. My original intent was to use C4 panelized lighting but then I realized just how cheap I could do my lighting, it’s a no brainer.

Its a no brainer because its your house? or a client? you would do this in a clients house? poor man's lighting panel? your target market is poor men?
In the areas that matter I’m using C4 lighting and keypads. The integration is flawless, you would have absolutely no idea I was using caseta for most of my loads.

Why would you mix. just because of cost?

Thanks to caseta I have been killing it with lighting control lately. Can’t tell you how many lamp dimmers have turned into full blown C4 lighting. All caseta is is ra2 with software blocks in place, and fuggly switches. Behind that panel is the exact same switch as a RA2 switch. Very frustrating that Lutron chooses to not give us integrators a “caseta” priced or close to it RA System. What’s worse is if a client has already invested in caseta you have to rip it all out and resell them ra2 switches. Just plain stupid.

Killing it? Making more money than if you had sold one RA2 system for every 4 caseta jobs?
Or do you mean because you install caseta, you also get to add thousands in control4 to the project?

Lutron frustrates you because they dont give integrators a DIY priced solution. Damn near every manufacturer in this space must piss you off

You sell clients a non expandable non upgradable lighting system. but its clients fault if they invested? Do you hate the people who spend money with you?

Is selling a Lighting system meant for integrators too hard for you to sell in your market?  I understand that markets vary across the country but are you just not having the right skill set to sell a step up product?

Ra2 Select addresses the issues of expandability and upgradabilty and is a little lower cost then RA2 but its the biggest joke in our industry?

Do you drink a lot?
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way"

Hosting Services by ipHouse