The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 31, 2017 at 20:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Sometimes when I'm working at my desk, I get a text that requires an answer. I'd LOVE to be able to bang out a response on my computer and send it to... the phone's text system.

"Conversations" like this often should be kept in the same medium so the question and answer are together. That, and I'm A LOT faster on a keyboard than on a phone.

I've accidentally discovered that if I send a text to someone's email address, it shows as coming from [myphonenumber]@vtext.com. My carrier is Verizon.

It seems the formula for Verizon is to send to an email address from [myphonenumber]@vtext.com. When I address a text to an email address, it goes through just fine.

Has anyone else got any interest in this? I don't know if it's very useful and I have ZERO idea if there are charges from sending from one system to another.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse