The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday October 30, 2017 at 09:31
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
Insurance companies negotiate with doctors and hospitals and we can as individuals, too. They don't need to charge so much, but negotiations and the staff to handle the admin cost so much they're forced to ask for more and accept a lower settlement. A regional radio talk show host told of a doctor who does carpal tunnel surgeries and, rather than charge the rate shown to the insurance companies, he accepts far less if the patient pays out of pocket. The savings can be in the ~60% range.

This whole thing isn't about health care; we can all get that but it's about paying the insurers to cover our medical needs- that's why I have huge problems with it.

And to think people bitch about us, as the 'middle man', making a profit on what we sell..... We make money and it puts food on our table, they insurance companies make a profit and pay their investors, build new headquarters and pay huge bonuses. No wonder it costs so much.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse