The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday October 28, 2017 at 11:12
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
The music system in my home is the original squeeze system from Slim Systems. It runs on a PC. Slim sold out to Logitech. Logitech renamed it as LMS; Logitech Music Systems. It has been running in my home on a PC for as long as it has existed. There are two iPad apps that control it, I use 'SqueezePad" which I highly recommend. I, in conjunction with LowPro, wrote a Pronto Pro app to control it which we charged something around $30 for. It is no longer supported but I think I have a copy of the last version released.

LMS is no longer supported by Logitech, but it is free and maintained by a user community including periodic builds and improvements. I am currently running version 7.7.2 with all the media stored on a NAS. The current version is 7.7.5.

The server software has a very well documented API called the CLI (Command Line Interface) so that any competent programmer can write an LMS client in the language of their choice.

I control it from my iPads and My Home Theater system. I no longer use the Pronto to control it.

The following link should provide more information if you are interested: [Link: en.wikipedia.org]

Hosting Services by ipHouse