The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday October 26, 2017 at 21:44
Tom Grooms
Long Time Member
March 2014
Lol, The day doesn't start @ 10am, Installations start at 10. Plenty to do in the morning (inventory, ordering, restocking the trucks, phone calls, etc) and it doesn't end at 4. We try to be out of customers homes by then but is doesn't happen half the time. And when that's done it's phone calls, phone calls, phone calls.

I'm very comfortable in the middle market. Our average ticket is 5-15k. In and out in 1 day with great gear the customers love. We don't sell products, we sell packages. A, b, c, d. It's fairly cookie cutter and it works in my market. I also do a fair bit of high end audiophile 2 channel stuff. Those are the phone calls that take time. Closing a 14k pair of loudspeakers and a 12k amp/preamp isn't the same call as a 4 room HEOS system, but thats the reason I'm in the business.

Oh, TweeterGuy, I do live in The Villages. I'm 48 and financially independent. I moved to Florida to play golf. I started this company after moving here because there was a need and audio has always been my passion. For the 1st year I was a 1 man shop working 2 days a week. Life was good. 5 years later it's bigger than I anticipated. I'm not complaining, I love my job and my customers plus it keeps gas in the boat.

Thanks for the advice, there's some good nuggets in here. I'm going to hire a gal to answer phones and teach her how to sell DirectTV and Xfinity products. That way she'll be an asset and add to the bottom line.

Hosting Services by ipHouse