Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday October 26, 2017 at 14:25
Old Man River
Long Time Member
February 2008
I'm sorry, I can't get past:

We could probably start @ 9am but I'm not really excited about that. I'm more of a 7:30-8am alarm clock guy and exactly ZERO of my customers work. 8am return phone calls are out of the question.

I don't know a single successful business owner that sleeps in until 7 am. The bulk of my work is in a vacation home community. My clients (well, a large percentage of them, anyway) are only here on their time off. Whether they're in town, or their normal residence, phone calls start between 7:30 and 8 am. Install/service call start times are ONLY delayed by access to the home: if a property manager is my gatekeeper, I have to wait for them, so sometimes 9 am is the earliest. I avoid that if at all possible in order to start as early as possible. I guess if you can make those hours work, the more power to you, but it sounds like you want less work all around.

On October 25, 2017 at 23:14, SWFLMike said...

Also, it sounds silly, but earbuds. I love those stupid Apple earbuds with the mic and volume button. Talk and drive, talk and work, talk and climb up a ladder and carry stuff... I noticed that when I hold the phone, I STOP. So I don't hold the phone anymore.

^^^^This. 100% I love the Apple earbuds for this very reason. Can't stand BT earpieces. I can multi task well enough to carry on a phone call while working. My clients appreciate that I almost always answer, and if I don't, I call back relatively quickly.
Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse