The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday October 25, 2017 at 22:31
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
Cables boxes are set to not power off. These ones generally just go into standby with a screensaver that says press menu. No power command is sent. When I did the job I posted on the RTI forums and someone said for those he uses a macro that works good for power on macro. It wakes it and bypasses that screensaver quickly too. Sends menu command and remove the default .3 sec wait time for IR and switch to .1 then send exit.

It’s a 16 u rack. From bottom going up two Denon receivers then two fios boxes and on up from there with other devices. Closet is small with a closed door. Mainly fits rack with a couple inches on side and few inches above .

Three areas I have interest in potential causes. Ethernet Ports I connected to switch causing an issue. Heat. That .1 wait time in macro versus a .3

The heat thing idk. Why would a simple reboot fix Ir control. Like I said box still shows a picture. Just no IR at times until a reboot.

I can see the temp of the router at the top of the rack. 149 degrees as we speak. This could be processor temp idk. The ambient air inside the closet is definitely nowhere near that hot.

Last edited by gerard143 on October 25, 2017 23:08.

Hosting Services by ipHouse