Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 24, 2017 at 13:42
InVision Systems
Long Time Member
March 2010
Hey guys,

I wanted to stick this in here and see if you guys have seen any similar issues. My company is an integrator in Nashville and we utilize Harmony Pro remotes as our "Good" control option in a "Good, Better, Best" scenario. We have somewhere around 25 Harmony Pro's in the field and we seem to be having some intermittent issues. See an example below.

One customer has a single Harmony Pro controlling an Sony 75" XBR 940D LCD, Sony Blu Ray Player, Sony CD Player, Comcast X1, Denon 930H AVR, a couple of Casetta dimmers. We are utilizing the hub and communicating via RF. The commands work intermittently. The first thing that we found was that the Sony XBR kept turning Bravia sync/CEC on after a firmware update. The television would not turn off reliably as it was detecting a video signal, and it would change to a different input when trying to power down. We found that the remote worked better when closer to the hub, so we tried moving the hub. Still had intermittent issues.

We know that the wifi is wonky in that room as they are utilizing an old extender. We will be replacing the network with an Eero system soon. The network issues kept us from syncing the remote and hub at times but it doesn't explain the intermittent control issues. We replaced the remote and hub last week and are still having the issues. It leads me to believe that there is either some RF interference in the space, IR interference (all though there is little to no natural light), or some component finickiness.

Any thoughts?
Elevate Technologies
Nashville, TN

Hosting Services by ipHouse