Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Sunday October 22, 2017 at 22:43
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
Hands down Yamaha over Denon across the board

Regarding tuning, when they developed the Aventage line 8 generations ago they changed the sound to be more universally accurate (based on using better quality and designed sub-component parts)

The better design and sub-component parts conversely greatly improved Yamaha AVR performance AND reliability.

I'm a bit biased as I've been pro Yamaha for almost 20 years now...but the track record speaks volumes. I have sold and installed over 1000 units since the Aventage lauch in 2010 (plus almost as many V series) and have had a total of 7 defective units in that time. 2 of which were customer caused problems, 3 were bad HDMI boards (1 7 series aventage and 2 V3/4 series) after 2 years and 1 740 and 1 pre Aventage RXV1400 that were both first shipment units with bad ground solders that died (within 6 months) and were repaired under warranty.

Make the switch and you'll probably wonder why you didn't do so sooner.

From a control perspective occasionally the do change the input selection codes and some use an "AV" input where as others in the line use "HDMI"

IR and IP control are rock solid and drivers work great.

* only other gotcha is on the component video upconverting units sometimes the resolutions are limited to 480i...though if youre still dealing with a lot of component video sources your client might be due for some source device upgrades :)
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse