The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday October 22, 2017 at 18:01
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
On October 22, 2017 at 14:35, Brad Humphrey said...
Side note:
Everyone has been saying how great the Hopper3 is. And it is a nice receiver with good performance and features.
But the user interface and functionality has GOT to be the biggest POS every made. I have installed a few now and it is very confusing to use.
One customer gave up trying to figure out how to delete a season pass they setup to record. I looked at it and even took me like 10 minutes to figure the crap out. No excuse for that horrible of interaction. Many things you want to do (which are easy to figure out on other platforms) are a nightmare to work on the Hopper3. The interface designer just needs to be shot dead, plain & simple.

And it’s 2017, why is Dish the only major company that does not have some sort of screen saver?

I pause a video, particularly a DVR recoding, and it stays there for hours on end with no screen saver.

And what happened to setting the “update” time to when you want to? My parents are night owls and they get annoyed when their H3 prepares to shut down to do the update. I know they can tell it to not to do the update. But that’s a button that they have to press. And since they denied the update, it won’t do an update not even at a later time.

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse