The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Monday October 16, 2017 at 18:34
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
On October 13, 2017 at 14:49, imt said...
You cut the wires flush with the loadbar with electrician scissors, then insert and crimp.

I used to use EZ RJ45 back in the Cat5e days but then with HDMI extenders and they became taboo I stopped all together. For you guys using EZ connectors, are you using them still for everything?

I'm normally not one to be giving the advice on this forum, but whenever I trim the wires at the end of the load bar using the Snap connectors, I find that using electrician's scissors or the cutters on wire strippers annoyingly leaves wires protruding over the edge.

For that, I use some cheap little side cutters I got from radio shack for like five bucks.

[Link: radioshack.com]

Not those, but same concept. Very small and will cut pretty much perfectly flush with the end of the load bar.

(Not related, but, to anyone, I also recommend getting a teeny tiny pair of cheap needle-nosed pliers as well. Mine have saved me a few times in various situations.)

A couple people have mentioned not using the EZ connectors with baluns. Might I ask why?
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse