Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday October 13, 2017 at 22:05
buzz
May 2003
I share some of brucewayne’s concerns. The technicians might respond better if you turned this into a documentation standard, collecting items such as IP addresses, input assignments, passwords, and such.

Certainly, the techs should be responsible for testing the system, but if the list is too basic, they’ll be insulted. You could ask your techs to help you build the checklist.

At one point we used a subcontractor on some of our jobs. He thought that he was so good that he did not need to check his work. We would get calls from him that “it doesn’t work”, hinting that it was our design issue, or the call would come from the customer shortly after he left. We’d go out and have the system working in minutes — and it was not a design issue. (These were difficult issues, such as plugging into the wrong IR port, or not plugging in at all) Needless to say, we “fixed” our issue with him real fast, I know that he worked for our competition for a while, probably putting blots on their reputation (and the industry) too.

It’s not just our industry. I was on a site a day after the electrician’s helper installed some outlets. One did not work at all and another was tied to a dimmer. Our TV did not appreciate that dimmer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse