The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Friday October 13, 2017 at 00:16
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On October 12, 2017 at 19:44, Grasshopper said...
*smacks forehead*

[Link: platinumtools.com]

On this page is a video demonstrating how to use the two piece cat6 connector. It looks easy for sure. I guess you'd have to buy a specialized crimper because of the staggered wire depths, but whatever. I just learned two things that made me feel stupid.

1 - Using a smooth surface tool, like the shaft of a screwdriver, to help straighten out the conductors. I mean, I find it easier when I use a hard joint on my thumb because it hurts less and works better, but DUH! Gonna have to try this tomorrow...

2 - Using the sheathing you've stripped off of the wire to separate the pairs. Obviously a huge time saver. One of the first questions I had when I started doing this kind of work was "Is there an easier way to untwist these wires?" Apparently there is. I've been eating my fingertips and joints raw doing it all with only my fingers. Sheesh. Gonna be doin this tomorrow as well. We'll see how much time (and pain and frustration) these tips save me.

btw, the cat6 we use is also from Snap. It has a separator in the cable that keeps all the pairs...well, separate, not whatever was in the cable in that video.

*le sigh* that's why I visit this forum.

Stop with the multiple piece connectors.

[Link: platinumtools.com]
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse