The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday October 12, 2017 at 02:30
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On October 12, 2017 at 01:46, Glackowitz said...
It looks funny when you light up a cabinet with 4-5 blinking red lights when you volume up or change channels. It’s as bad as a blinking 12:00 on the vcr.

But isn't the entire purpose of having IR emitters on the components that they are in a cabinet and you want to be able to close the door? Close the door!

On October 12, 2017 at 00:09, Mac Burks (39) said...
I like them for the same reason...but...in my career i have only experienced 2 IR related issues.

I had the coolest one in a home in Malibu that faced due south.

During setup we found that the IR didn't work. It was a Xantech system. We kept assembling components. The next day, all was good. Then it didn't work.

We finally figured out that the IR system didn't work for about 90 minutes in the afternoon... when the sun's light was bouncing off of thousands of individual little waves in the ocean and into the room.

The cure was to close the curtain in front of the south-facing windows. This required planning because the curtain had a Makita drape control which was run by... IR.

When the sun wasn't quite due south in the sky, the system resumed operation.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse