The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday October 12, 2017 at 00:09
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On October 11, 2017 at 17:29, Ernie Gilman said...
I like the blinking emitters because you can SEE if they're working. It's not nearly as easy to see non-blinking LEDs using a phone, but it's possible. I've also heard there's a bit more of a voltage drop across blinkers, meaning they won't perform as well in series. I haven't needed to pursue that.

I like them for the same reason...but...in my career i have only experienced 2 IR related issues. I have used speaker cable, RG6, Cat5. mono (and stereo when forced) 1/8" extenders to extend IR emitters.

The two issues have been

#1. More than 1 blinking emitter on a single IR output caused them both not to work. The solution was to replace with non blinking emitters.

#2. With a Phast Card Frame and IR Receiver card i found that i could not use Cat5 to extend IR receivers. We Kustomed IR receivers into the in wall speakers so that they would hide behind the grill. We used Pronto TS-1000's in each room to send commands back to the rack. The IR receiver card had 3 ports. Signal would jump across the Cat5 to all ports causing the TV channel to change in all 3 rooms. The solution there was to buy 2 additional IR receiver cards and put each IR receiver on its own card.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse