Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday October 10, 2017 at 08:04
buzz
May 2003
A while back I was supervising a satellite installation at one of my customer sites and the installer and I were knocking heads with the implication of: "stand out of my way son and let a professional do this." In the interest of getting him off the site as fast as possible, I stood back. Since the customer was out of town, I was asked to sign off on the installation. This was done with a phone call to an off shore rep. When it came to the point of "are you satisfied?", I said NO and went through a litany. The worst point was the negative drip loop (water would run down the wire, then directly into the positively angled, un-caulked ingress hole). This was an unacceptable answer and she asked again and again, saying that she could not enter a negative report. Finally, she said that she would transfer me to a supervisor. Unfortunately, he was out to lunch or there was a long line because I waited for about 15 minutes. I think that I was being punished. Anyway, I was transferred to a US based guy who understood my points and sent out a "fixer" the next day (Saturday) who cleaned everything up (after taking lots of pictures). I hope that the original contractor is now flipping burgers somewhere. (... er ... No, that's a bad idea because he'd probably make someone sick -- but you get the idea)

Last edited by buzz on October 12, 2017 12:50.

Hosting Services by ipHouse