Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 4, 2017 at 04:08
PCWorth
Lurking Member
October 2017
Dear Group,
I am writing for the first time from New Zealand in an attempt to obtain advice about my Philips Pronto remote.

This remote has been in use for approximately 10 years in association with our family home theatre system. The remote is designated on the label as:
"Pronto Pro SBC RU 980/00", but I am informed that it is also known as "Pronto Pro NG".

We are about to introduce new components to our longstanding home theatre system, and I wanted to explore the possibility of re-programming our Pronto remote to accommodate this. i have never attempted to manipulate the settings of the remote before, beyond simple manoeuvres such as adjusting the date and time. The original programming and design of the screens, etc, were done by the technician who installed our home theatre, and he is no longer on the scene. I have a copy of the written instruction manual.

Daniel Tonks has kindly directed me to the appropriate Pronto Edit software available through this website, which I thought might be the key to learning how to re-programme my own remote. However, when I downloaded the software, I noted that it was only compatible with a Windows 98 system. I am running Windows 10.

I wonder if anyone can advise me how I might approach the challenge of re-programming this old remote. Since there are obviously still devoted users, despite the fact that it is a dated model, suggests that there might be some way in which the "Windows 98" software can still be used or adapted. I would be most grateful for any guidance or suggestions from the community.

Regards,
Peter
Peter

Hosting Services by ipHouse