The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday October 2, 2017 at 09:33
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 1, 2017 at 10:54, Ernie Gilman said...
This is quite mystical. Typically the holes I've seen for ceiling speakers have just air in the center of the hole... so no such lines would be visible.

Have you ever done a remodel? I shudder to think of the thousands of small decisions that people have to make during remodeling.

Point 1 (about the holes)- shaddap! To/toward- you should be able to figure that out.

Point 2- Yes, I have and I did most of the work myself, but I lived with the decisions and didn't force people to wait when they had already scheduled my place for their work with little to no advance notice. If they want to change things, that's their prerogative, but if it cacks the schedules of multiple contractors, they have no one to blame but themselves when the project doesn't come in on time and at/under budget. I'm just about ready to send/hand info about Gantt Charts to these people (not just one couple, either) so they can get a clue.

I agonize over colors more than materials and the red roof on the adjacent house reflecting its color into my kitchen didn't help the morning after painting my walls. It looked fine when I painted it (the previous night) but not with daylight. I went to the paint supplier to ask if the shade I'd chosen had any red and was told it didn't, so I picked a different shade after seeing the colors that were included (the kitchen isn't so large that repainting was a problem and I thought it may have been added by mistake or a dirty nozzle). I had the same problem with that coat. White primer had been used. A little later in the day, clouds rolled in and as passed between the Sun and the roof, the red came and went, so I covered that window and let the light coming in through the other windows illuminate the room- it was fine.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse