The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday October 1, 2017 at 20:11
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On October 1, 2017 at 13:30, Fins said...
To be successful they need to make some major improvements. For one, Alexa needs to stop randomly spouting off things like "sorry, I didn't understand" when no one has addressed her or even said anything close to the trigger word. I get this out of my echo at least once a day. And then integration with 3rd party devices needs to be improved. As hard as Dish is pushing their integration, it rarely works without going through a whole process to get it to reconnect.

Ha! the poor people at dish at Cedia were so excited to show us the alexa integration. It turned into being a 40 minute flame fest because it only half worked!

Alexa is still nothing more then a novelty IMO. It will take a while to get there. Josh.AI is and was pretty impressive, I read they got a undisclosed amount from an undisclosed "Investor" Shortly after that they debut a piece that sure looks like an Echo Dot and the price of entry is substantially lower. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess who that "Investor" is...
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse