The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday October 1, 2017 at 08:24
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 28, 2017 at 19:38, Mac Burks (39) said...
Twist lock in-celing speakers. Trim ring goes in for painters. Then you come back and push the speaker up/twist...lock. Done. This already exists but it didn't when i came up with the idea 20 years ago. The first time i had to deal with painters dictating my schedule i thought...boy wouldnt it be great if they could just paint the trim ring and get out of my way...

There are shared space think tanks everywhere now. A bunch of designers engineers sit around all day thinking of gadgets toys apps etc. The one thing you have over them is experience in your industry. An engineer and designer would never have thought about an HDMI tester...but you did...at a job one day.

I'm waiting for someone to pick a freaking paint color so I can finish the work in their kitchen- when I installed the ceiling speakers, I noticed a thin line in the plaster, going right to the center of one of the hole. I figured they would be inquisitive enough to at least check the grill to see if it would come off easily but I was wrong. Fixed the line and got drywall compound all over the edge of the grill.

If it's not painters making us wait, it's paper hangers, cabinet/counter installers, trim carpenters, flooring, CLIENTS WHO CAN'T MAKE A DECISION AND STICK WITH IT or the ones who think everyone can make changes on the fly.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse