The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday October 1, 2017 at 01:23
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I think the above posts mean that some people are mixing OTA signals and QAM signals into the same input on a TV. I haven't seen a recent TV that can handle both modulation methods. If they exist, it would be nice for someone to start a thread listing them.

I'm trying to use the PVI MiniMod-2 in ATSC mode mixed into an antenna signal. I even without the antenna signal connected, I have not been able to get several Sony TVs to receive the signal and present it with no delays. One TV has NEVER had audio from the modulator. One TV had stuttering video and audio. Several TVs worked just fine.

The first modulator that had these flaws was declared by their tech guy to be defective the instant he heard a recording of the stuttering audio. They sent me a replacement (took about ten days) that does the same thing. In fact, it ALSO has a mode where the stuttering TV has no audio.

I have been in contact with the factory about these problems. It has generally taken them two days to get back in contact with me.

I hope to get things worked out, but right now I'm pursuing this half out of wanting a working product and half out of morbid curiosity, just to see if we can get it worked out.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse