Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday September 30, 2017 at 15:21
jfs95
Long Time Member
June 2017
Hello,

I have a beginner question regarding the CCP software. Best Buy programmed an MX-880 remote for me a while back, and I wanted to add a small fix -- just adding a "back" button to the cable box functions. Rather than pay hundreds of dollars to have Best Buy come out to my house just for that quick fix, I loaded the file onto my computer and made the change in the CCP software on my own.

Then I go to the "communications" tab and hit "Send to Remote" to load the revised file back onto the remote. But when I do that, now none of the functions on the remote work. Is there something I need to do to "finalize" the file, or am I exporting it correctly?

For example, when I go back and re-send the old file that Best Buy created, now all the functions work (except, of course, my change isn't incorporated). Do I need to select the "Program" tab and then "Download"?

How did I go from all functions working to no functions working simply by adding a "back" button to the cable box and then clicking, "communications," and "send to remote"?

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse