The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday September 30, 2017 at 11:02
Northwinds
Long Time Member
January 2010
Ok as per my other threads I decided to pull my nc 50 apart - seems one of the plastic pegs was glued in place (at the aerial end) but breaking it to get it open didn't affect anything else and wouldn't make any cosmetic difference when screwed back together.

As an aside I already bought another used nc50 on ebay so this is only if someone can suggest a way of fixing up this one.Not sure if I can attach photos here or link externally.

Either way, I've taken a top and underneath pic of the internal board.If you've read my other posts I was trying to reprogram my nc50 and after an apparent hard reset Nevo Studio Pro won't recognise it - although windows does make a sound when I connect it.

Added to this, the reset button now does nothing, as in the light remains constant when it is pressed and there is no change in the unit's being recognised in NSP.

Hence my thinking to take it apart and see if there was a loose connection (someone on these forums did mention resoldering a broken connection fixed his) or if there was any way to get the reset button working again.

I've tried all my limited knowledge will allow, so just wondering if anyone might have a look at the pictures and suggest a fix?

Just be nice not to throw this one away!

Cheers all,
Craig.

[Link: imgur.com]

[Link: imgur.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse