The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday September 29, 2017 at 19:04
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
On September 29, 2017 at 14:09, Fins said...
Ernie, some days Im amazed that you work with technology. I could be incorrect, but Im pretty sure that the picture that grasshopper posted wasnt something he just found on the internet. Im pretty sure he took the picture himself, and then posted it. Everyone used to use photobucket to host their personal photo and generate a URL to post the photos in forums. Photobucket started charging for that feature.

So grasshopper, how did you get your photo to post?

Yes, I did post it to facebook just because I had never posted a photo here and needed a place to host it because I knew that it needed to be hosted online somewhere to be shared here. Yeah, I took the photo. Well, my coworker did and sent it to me.

For the other stuff, a reminder that I'm a total amateur compared to a lot of you. That isn't how we found the box, but I wanted a picture of it to see what you guys thought. I wanted it open so that you could see that it was a wifi system in place, but the gear in the box just fell right out like that (very crappy work in my opinion. Nothing mounted to anything, just plugged up and shoved into a box...apparently a very nice one, since some of you are asking about/interested in the box).

Again, I'm a total amateur as compared to some (probably most) of you. I thought it was curious that someone would mount wifi network equipment practically on a power meter, because interference. Also, in the picture, it may be too small to notice, but that's a piece of Meraki outdoor equipment. I had asked about Meraki equipment before and got mostly glowing reviews, but then there was the fact that it was being used with a cheap linksys router you could get at walmart for 60 bucks or so.

So, there are multiple things to notice in the picture I guess. Some people apparently think there's nothing wrong with this? If there's not, please tell me why. Like I've said from day one, I'm no expert and I'm here to learn. I think the work itself is crappy, I realize that if you put new racing tires on your 1970 pinto it isn't going to go any faster, and I thought that, via potential interference, it would be a bad idea to mount this stuff right on the back of a power meter.

Also, I don't know what kind of box it is, but we use similar ones that seem to be of the highest quality and I'll try and remember to get the details next time I'm there.
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse