The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday September 29, 2017 at 13:20
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Re the details of what is supposedly wrong: people are terribly inexact when they try to communicate technical things. Hell, we do that here. For example, calling a BNC to screw-terminal adaptor a balun. Calling an RF connection a video connection. Calling an HD Video signal on one wire a "one-wire HDMI" solution... since HDMI has 19 conductors, a one-wire solution is no longer and HDMI signal...

On September 29, 2017 at 09:56, King of typos said...
Because he’s burnt through 5% of my VZW data in 4 days. At this rate it’ll be gone before 20 days.

No, it won't, because you are a parent, this stuff costs money, and you're going to tell him to cut that shit out. You have to control your kid. Both of you need to pretend that you don't have a VZW account and just bitch loudly to the college. It won't solve anything for him to take the easy way (for him) and cost you a bunch of money -- it will only make the problem last longer.

There again, when the Ethernet port is fixed. Hopefully he’ll jump on his computer for whatever he does. But in the mean time, idk if I can change my data to something else and still be able to go back to my grandfathered plan once the port is fixed.

You can't leave it at "hopefully." "Hopefully" costs money when the person who isn't hoping as hard as you does the wrong thing.

Find out how much it will cost you if you lose your grandfathered account and tell your kid that if he spoils that for you, he will have to pay the additional amount every month. That's right, every month.

Don't forget that if your kid just keeps using your data account, he has no problem! Another place to apply pressure is your kid. When I was in college, if I had problems I knew there were people to talk to.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse