The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 28, 2017 at 18:41
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
Has there been a situation you've run into that made you say "man I wish there was a thing for this" or "man it would be cool if there was something that did this."? I'm speaking in terms mostly of the electronics world, but if there's something else feel free to chime in, as the sharing of ideas is a great thing. It could be a tool, it could be software, it could be a process, it could be a piece of equipment, it could be a book, heck it could be a toy. I'm sure many of you may have an idea that you may want to keep under wraps because it's something you'd like to create yourself and have plans for doing so or are already in the process of, but...just sayin.

I once brought up the idea of an HDMI cable tester to a co-worker (well he was basically my boss, I was his assistant) after leaving a client's place and he was like "why? You can just swap the inputs/outputs/whatever to tell." Sure...but what if you have to walk into another room to see? You're wasting time. Plus, it could be just another confirmation if you believe than an HDMI cable is bad. I see it being useful as a troubleshooting tool. Maybe they already exist, I didn't look it up at the time to see if they do and I just now did and they do (great) but...couldn't that be helpful? Any of you have one and use it? How has it been helpful to you?

Hope to hear some good ideas here!
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse