Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Thursday September 28, 2017 at 18:23
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On September 26, 2017 at 20:59, designed said...
Great work as always. How do you feel about the geofencing, it seems to me it could be annoying if someone is already home and it activates the welcome scene, etc or do you use the setting where it asks to run the scene before hand?

You're correct that the Geofencing home/away feature doesn't allow for any conditional logic which is a real bummer.

My work-around was to use a QSE-IO module.  I wired a relay output right back into an input on the same unit.

When Geofencing activates a home event, it doesn't trigger an actual lighting scene, it just closes the relay.  When the relay closes, that triggers the input on the QSE-IO module and that's what I apply my conditional logic to.

I don't remember all the details, but when HWQS see that input close, it changes a home/away variable to "home" which alters some time clock events and also turns on some lights, but only if it's dark outside.

With this simple setup, it's working really well.  The house automatically goes into home mode and the client's never arrive to a dark house.

Without doing something like this the Geofencing feature isn't very useful...
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse