The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 26, 2017 at 15:30
cbpat1
Long Time Member
August 2017
I have an mx-890 which I have upgraded from an Mx-780, but I keep seeing mx-890i's out there and am wondering what the difference is between the two remotes. I have a feeling it has something to do with complete control and total control, but am not sure. I know someone here has the answer. It was a little bit different than the mx-780 to program,but, not to bad of a learning curve. I had it programmed before I got the remote in the mail, and it was perfect the first time I downloaded the program. I admit it wasn't too big of a system, but I was proud of myself..my Florida room was an LG 60" Plasma Tv, Marantz 5007 surround sound system, Marantz Blu-Ray, Pioneer DVD player, Roku2, Kodi Box, Spectum Cable box with DVR and my bedroom just a Samsung 50" TV and Bose Accustic Wave radio. No humongous system like I say, but, I got it right out of the gate. And before somebody pops in with the old "how dare I steal software from URC", I didn't. I bought my first Mx-780 from Surf Remotes several years ago and they sent me the software with the remote, and I'm glad they did, because I had no idea about the whole software thing, especially the war with installers and people not being able to get their hands on it, I thought it was web based like Harmony is. Anyway, enough of that, I love the mx-890, it is not more functional than the 780 necessarily, but, it can make things easier and the graphics are nicer. I was just curious abut the i thing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse