Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday September 20, 2017 at 22:18
punter16
May 2011
On September 20, 2017 at 16:48, soundvision said...
Hi all! The last few jobs I've completed using an MX780 & MRF 350 combo and they appear to be consistant with two problems. All remotes & kits were purchased at different times and different suppliers. I notice the MX780's buttons are not always immediately responsive (on at least 6 remotes this year) and sometimes require a second press, doesn't matter if it's IR or RF. The MRF 350's are picking up more RF interference then I've ever seen. No jobs have the same gear, different cable & sat boxes, one had appleTV one didn't, AV Receivers different brands, Blu-ray different brands. Moving the antenna around, changing antenna connecting cables and still lots of interference rendering the control system super unreliable.Last one was so bad I had to install an IR Kit in place of the MRF350. This past year I switched over to the MX780's after using MX850 & MX350 for years with very few issues.
Appreciate any thoughts/experiences you've had.
Have a Rockin' Day

We have a LOT of those out in the field and we haven't run into issues with RF at all (aside from a one-off here and there). If you had been using MX850s/MX350s with an MRF350 and you never saw issues and now you are...I have no idea. If that was the case, then you are familiar with all of the dos/don'ts with RF (don't put them on top of a BD player, RF ID, keep away from ATT boxes, etc.).

From time-to-time, remote build changes and there are issues that the manufacturer doesn't mention right away but that we experience. Examples are when the MRF260 started having all kinds of RF problems about 5ish years ago, the bad batch of MX980s about 1.5 years ago, etc. However, I'm confident that if the MX780 had a recent problem, our guys would have seen it as we deal with those remotes weekly.

Are you noticing more of the issues specifically with RF noise and seeing the RF light on the antenna indicating RF noise? If so, who is the main cable provider in your area?
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse