The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 17, 2017 at 09:11
JJackson
Long Time Member
July 2005
I have a situation that is bleeding me dry.
I have a situation with TIVO bolt and 5 minis. The bolt uses a tuning adaptor and is hardwired to the router. The minis are hooked up with Coax using MOCA.
The Coax was coming in to a 1 x 1 amp and going out to an 8 way splitter. The signal was marginal but it worked. I started having some issues with some channels pixelating. I had TWC come out and put in a powered 8 way splitter. It improved the signal strength for the tuning adaptor but I lost the minis. No matter what combination I use with the powered splitter it will not work. If I take the amp out, my signal strength on the tuning adaptor drops below the acceptable thresh hold. I have had TWC out checking the strength coming in they say its OK. The Tech support line if worthless. I don't think they have ever touched one piece of cable. I am running out of Ideas to get the minis going. I can not get ethernet to the mini locations. I have all but giving up on the existing setup and am looking into power line adaptors, ethernet over coax, etc etc. If you have a suggestion on any possible solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse