Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday September 14, 2017 at 20:49
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
All,

I just used this feature with a slew of MU6000 TVs.

It is enabled. I just finished a job with these and I am happy to share the info. In fact, I have another post on here recently about issues I have encountered.

We received the Stereo Mini-USB adaptors from our supplier. Neither I nor the supplier had a part number for them. Apparently they can request these adapters from Samsung when they order the TVs.

In order to use the RS232 feature, you need to get into a back door menu and enable it. Below is the method...
  1. Get yourself a Samsung TV remote with a full compliment of buttons (numbers, navigation, menu, etc...)
  2. Disconnect the HDMI or switch away to the "TV" input.
  3. Power off the set and wait 60 seconds.
  4. Press Mute, 1, 8, 2, power in rapid succession. This is hard to do and I had 16 TVs to do so I took an RTI remote and programmed this sequence into a direct IR remote with .1 seconds between each command.
  5. A blue background service menu comes up.
  6. Select "Sub Option"
  7. Locate the RS-232 Jack Settings: Set to UART
  8. Turn on EXT Link Support
  9. Turn on USB Serial.
  10. It was not specified to do so but I also enabled 232 logging and fast booting.
  11. Exit to first menu
  12. Power Off
  13. Wait for 30 seconds or so.
  14. Power On
  15. Disable HDMI-CEC
  16. Power Off
  17. Plug in USB adapter and plug in serial connection.
  18. Power On
I had one thing catch me by surprise... when the TV firmware was updated it turned off some of the settings (esp. EXT link Support) and when the TV powered down fully (about a minute after turning off), it would stop communicating. I had to go back in and re-enable the settings. As a result, I turned off Auto Update to prevent any further surprises.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by tgrugett on September 14, 2017 20:57.

Hosting Services by ipHouse