Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday September 14, 2017 at 19:26
Audiophiliac
August 2006
On September 14, 2017 at 16:40, Fins said...
My experience with Bluetooth for tv headphones has been huge lip sync problems. It starts off fine, then gradually gets worse and worse.

Headphones with optical in is the best solution

To add more to this story, the client is friends with the electrical contractor. He ran the wiring for this TV addition. I mounted the TV. Electrician took it upon himself to be a buddy and provide a new set of headphones. I got the call when he could not get them to work. I show up and there is a set of Apple AirPods. I got them connected to the TV without a problem. The problem is that there is no way to adjust the volume. None. Also, he has to get out the TV remote which he never uses, to select "Yes" when the AirPods are turned on.

Now, he says if he is not happy with the AirPods, he will go back to using his "TV Ears" and we will just have to get creative on where to place the charging dock/transmitter. His wife will NOT allow it to sit on the mantle where I had it temporarily sitting for the last month. But client says she might be ok if they are just on the floor. WTF? His words, not mine....nor hers. I call B.S. Although when I showed up to make the AirPods work, she had a 25 year old Sony clock/radio sitting on the floor in the entry way with the FM antenna wire adjusted just right to get the reception on her station. I think she moves it around the house as she cleans.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse