Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 14, 2017 at 13:53
Audiophiliac
August 2006
So I have a PITA client who is being....well....a PITA. He has some "TV Ears"....actually they are Sennheiser's version. We recently took out the TV lift/cabinet from 12 years ago, and mounted a 55" on an articulating mount. It is a lame Samsung with the one connect box, so no analog output, toslink only.

Electrician is buddies with client, and talks him into getting some Apple AirPods. They work fine. But there is no volume control. And you have to use the Samsung remote to select "Yes" every time you want to use them. This is not an acceptable solution....especially for this client.

My options seem to be limited to a separate BT transmitter with toslink in, and a different set of headphones. Or some other RF headphones with a transmitter with toslink that is a separate unit from the charging apparatus for the headphones.

I found this:

[Link: en-us.sennheiser.com]

Looks like it might work, and can use any wired headphones. But I am not convinced I can mount the transmitter/charging dock vertically, i.e., on the back of the TV. Has anyone used this?

Anyone know of another reliable option? I do not want to use the built-in Bluetooth in the Samsung TV. I need something that is "always on", so maybe I need to stick with an RF solution that is not Bluetooth at all? The above linked product looks like it should work ok, as long as I can mount the charger behind the TV and the battery will "click" into it positively.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse