Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday September 12, 2017 at 16:34
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
1st I want to let you know that the streaming XM service is not the same quality as the S-band satellite signal service.
​There is a noticeable difference in the quality of audio, as they appear to be using a lot of compression on the streaming service.

​That being said, it might be perfectly fine for the customer as most people are tone deaf anyway and wouldn't know good audio if it ran them over with a truck.

​Just be aware 'if' the customer has a nice audio system that he has listenened to the XM feed thru satellite before - they might complain about the streaming quality and why it sounds bad.

​An answer to your question:
​You can use standard RG-6 to send the feed from an outside XM antenna, into the house to the rack. They make adaptors. Just have to have a spare coax.
​They did make a kit at one time to combine this with an active CATV feed as well. I used one and it worked fine but that was over 10 years ago. I would not try a combining kit with modern CATV systems.

​Have a look at this, has all the pieces you need to hook the tuner up in the home:
[Link: amazon.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse