The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday September 7, 2017 at 08:53
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
Worked for a contractor in 2005 and one day, we got a call to replace some cabling in a remodel. Turns out, the plumber's helper, who seemed like he REALLY liked the smell of PVC cement, used a hole saw to drill for a pipe and ripped up part of a bundle that had been installed previously, which included coax, Cat5e, speaker wire, Lutron and Crestnet cables. This bundle was on the other side of the stud at a corner that hadn't been rocked and if he had bothered to look, he could have moved it out of the way to prevent the damage.

Same guy waltzed into the family room while we were running cables in the exposed ceiling before it had been rocked and our ladders were in the middle of the floor where we were working. He needed to find a fitting, so he proceeded to dump a big box of parts next to one of the ladders. Once he realized that the part wasn't in that box, he dumped the contents of another box onto the floor without picking up the first parts and some of them went directly UNDER one of our ladders. Not having any luck with that box, he dumped a third box and basically covered an 8' circle in the middle of the room, under both of our ladders. He finally found the part he needed, stood up and started to walk away before one of us told him to clean up his mess.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse