Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday August 29, 2017 at 23:10
Neurorad
September 2007
I was gonna say what Mac said, and credit him, but instead I just waited for him to post.

But similarly, if the bundle(s) come in from a wall, they can go into a flush-mount low voltage enclosure. There, the cables can be patched if needed, and then continue through the LV enclosure, out of the bottom knockouts, and then out through a few pass-throughs mounted below the enclosure. Leave room for 2-3 more pass-throughs below the enclosure, for the future. Just cut them in later.

Like with Mac's approach, service loops can be stored/hidden in the enclosure.

All that is visible are the bundles coming out of the drywall below the enclosure, which is hidden by the rack.

I wouldn't patch audio cables, though - can pass through the enclosure, out the bottom knockouts, through the drywall pass-through(s), and then into the rack.

I think the Middle Atlantic wire tray is the ideal solution to convey cable bundles from the wall to the rack, but it's not idea for a rack on wheels - best for tracks.

[Link: middleatlantic.com]

The cable bundles can be hung from a retractor (tool balancer/spring balancer) or bungee cord, mounted near the top of the rack, in the back.

[Link: avsforum.com]

[Link: remotecentral.com]
TB A+ Partner
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Hosting Services by ipHouse