The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday August 29, 2017 at 15:14
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Not that I want to get into an argument with an electrical inspector...

But we're building out a restaurant, mindful of the one time recently when we attached and supported our cabling from the hanger wires installed for the Tbar. Low voltage is hardly ever paid any attention by any inspector, but the electrical inspector told us we had to separately support that wire bundle.

That makes sense. We did it.

In our latest buildout, we installed separate hanger wires from the ceiling and made a wire bundle path. The electrical inspector told us we'd have to move them and attach them to the Tbar grid support wires.

He went on to say that we could not make any penetrations in the ceiling. In this case that means about a half dozen ceiling-mount cameras can't be mounted as designed. Furthermore, he came up with a way that he said would be okay. I haven't talked in detail with my partner about this, but it was something about running the camera wires up through the Tbar grid bars. That can't happen because the connectors are larger than the width of the grid bars.

In the past we've been allowed to connect to Tbar hanger wires, but those were remodels and this is new construction.

Anybody ever been told to hang wire bundles from Tbar support wires?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse