The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 21, 2017 at 03:27
Rolando1948
Long Time Member
January 2008
After having set up some TSU9600 and TSU9800 to work correctly with RFX9600 a few years back. I again have client to which I have to set up a TSU9600 with an RFX9600. Since some of my knowledge had faded away, I recently came to the forum and was helped and refreshed on aspects of the substantial difference between PEP1 and PEP2 and the variations in the approach to programming. With the forum's help I was able to get things working and responding correctly on the TSU9600, but now that I need some simple "contact closure" to control two access gates and to route IR commands to three identical model wall fans that are in the same room, I can not seem to find the logical and correct way to proceed with the RFX9600 due to the following:

1. All tough the forum clarifies and advises that in PEP2, "Project Components" should be created and addition to the "Data Base", but the "Data Base" just provides for IR or RS, what happens when the component is just a garage door opener or projection screen that only require relay contact closures? What I have done up to now is create and "Activity" call "Garage Door" and created a page with two buttons with "Open" and "Close" respectively, but unfortunately in the "Simulator" and TSU9600 the only response is "Command failed". I know for a fact that the RFX9600 fixed IP is correct since it responds correctly to a "ping". The TSU9600 shows that it is connected to the WiFi of the same network but fails to respond to a "ping".

2. Despite a relay action for a garage door opener seeming to be a toggle action, I believe that a relay "toggle" of the RFX9600 would not be appropriate, because it would remain latched in a closed state and I have decided that the normally open relay should close, but after a short delay of about .5 second, a following command to open the relay would have to be performed to remove the relay from its closed "latch" to an open state. I conceived this, since I could not find any form of "time release" as in other products like Bitwise and others.

3. I could not find a form of "routing" IR commands to a specific IR port which would then be extended with an "emitter" to one of three identical products.

Any help, advice or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by Rolando1948 on August 21, 2017 12:39.
Rolan

Hosting Services by ipHouse