Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday August 19, 2017 at 20:41
chris-L5S
August 2008
On August 19, 2017 at 20:20, tomciara said...
For the life of me I cannot understand why you would recommend anything to him. That price range will not do what you are asking. Why would you recommend something that will not work?

we talked about what a setup like this could cost, but this system will only be used a few times a year and the image doesn't have to be perfect. I understand that even having it completely dark and with even a $25k projector, it will not be the best, especially around the edges with any light. The budget is tight and it is what it is.

So, I figured I would ask here and see what i could come up with. I might be able to spend $5k or even maybe $7k, but that is the limit.

So let me rephrase the question, if you could only spend $4-$7k MSRP on a projector with a roughly 275" screen, what manufacturer and type would you use?

I mentioned the part about the bulbs and not wanting to replace them, BenQ has the SU931 DLP WUXGA 6,000 Lumen Projector, but the lamps are listed to last 1000 hours and are $600 to replace. I was hoping to get a projector that had either longer life lamps or less expensive lamps.

thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse